Recovery After Breast Implant Surgery
Pacific Plastic Surgery Group has used our experience in breast augmentation to maximize your outcomes and minimize your downtime and discomfort after having breast implants. We have developed and use a consistent plan before, during and after surgery to make your recovery as easy as possible.
- Implants are chosen that fit your measured frame to give you a look consistent with your desires.
- Pain Medication is prescribed at your pre-op appointment (so you do not have to worry about it after surgery).
- Topical antibacterial soap is prescribed for use for 5 days prior to surgery to reduce the risk of infection.
- As most discomfort after breast augmentation surgery is due to inflammation and or stretching of the muscle, simple exercises to prevent the muscles from cramping are taught to you.
- Long-acting local anesthetics are used before the surgery starts to minimize discomfort after surgery.
- An optimized combination of medicines are given by the anesthesiologist to minimize inflammation of the muscles, improving comfort during and after surgery.
- Anti-inflammatory medications are used to reduce pain and increase mobility.
- Light exercises are performed to maximize mobility and minimize pain.
- Early mobility is emphasized, and you are encouraged to go out for a walk or out for a light dinner on the evening of surgery.
- Narcotic pain medicine is prescribed for discomfort that is not fully eliminated with the anti-inflammatory medicine and light exercises.
- Return to work is generally within a week (although this depends on the type of work).
- The incisions generally heal within 1-2 weeks. Generally there are no stitches to remove.
- You can wear the new bras/bikini you purchased after about 2 months!
We have even had a patient go to fashion show the evening after her breast implant surgery–in a gown! (Although, this is atypical). Keep in mind everyone’s recover is different. We at Pacific Plastic Surgery Group want you to return to your regular life as quickly as possible.